05 December 2010

Wow...Long Time, No Posts...What Gives?

So, all of my fans and friends out there that follow my blog (Cause there's so many of you) have probably been wondering where the heck I have been....Or if not, just read and see why I haven't been posting, if you're at all interested and be ready, because once the new year starts, I will be catching up on all of my blogging. I have a ton of reviews to add to my blog, so stay tuned.


Life
Been planning a ton of things over the last few months such as: bday party, family vacays, holiday gifts, and various special events that I have been the busiest I have been in years, since I quit my job to move to a different city. The hugest thing lately is that I may possibly be moving again to a city that no one int heir right mind would ever want to live in...jk, but seriously. I will make a post as soon as I find out if we are moving or not and let you in on all the crazy details. LOL



NaNoWriMo
So, I tried NaNoWriMo 2010. I tried it and I failed it. In 2009, I was gung ho for it and blasted way ahead super early, but this year, I was busy with other things and only got to roughly 12k words.So, with that said, I am also happy because I got a start on my second novel in my series that I am currently writing the first novel in. Again, with that, I'd like to let all the NaNoWriMo participants that didn't finish their novel know that they did a great job and tried their best and if you didn't win, hey, at least you got something written that may fuel you to finish that novel. To those that won, CONGRATULATIONS! You did something truly amazing last month and I hope that you get it published someday!


The Romance Reviews

I've been writing a bunch of reviews for The Romance Reviews Site lately and been reading a lot to write those reviews, so I've been a bit busy in the immerse-myself-in-reading-and-not-listening-to-anyone field. My husband is annoyed, my son is annoyed and just wants me to play The Avengers with him. But I find the time for them when I'm not up late reading and writing reviews for this awesome, fantastic site where you can find reviews on just about any kind of romance that exists. Check it out: The Romance Reviews. I tried to make the link at the side work to take you to my reviewers profile ont he website, but unfortunatel,y I'm not getting it, so here's the link: Paigeray23 Romance Reviews.


Reading

As you read above, I've been busy reading a bunch of books for The Romance Review Site and a few others of my own that I purchased recently. I also won a copy of Scoundrel by Zoe Archer that I am itching to get my hands on and devour. I also picked up a few other books, but not many that I am able to get to for now. I will be able to start on many new books in the new year, but only when time allows.


 
Writing

I am really belting away at my current novel right now. I was surprised that with failing NaNo, I've been super-charged to finish this novel that I had been told by one person would be a great book once it was finished. So, what's the point of finishing it if only one person said it would be great? Because, I'm being very secretive about it at this point because someone special told me to be and also, because the two people that I would trust to read it are busy themselves and haven't found the time for it. Right now, I am almost at 60k words which is a feat for me because I usually peeter out at around 40k, just a middle of the book issue that I have had with everything that I have ever written. So, what I did was skipped ahead to the parts that I knew what I was going to write and I wrote what I thought and that's where my higher word counts have come into play. So, now I need to go back and type in the middle of the book leading up to the climax and the ending which is already written. Yay me! After a loooooong time with no writing, almost a month, it was such a great feeling to be able to just sit at the laptop one day and write like a madwoman.




Well, that's it everyone, I won't be blogging anymore this year, partially to focus on my writing, but also to focus on the other things you just read about, if you felt like reading it. LOL


Happy Holidays(Or insert your celebration here) and Happy New Year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment