To the right, I decided to add a fun picture of my son and I, taken recently. It shows our personalities a bit.There is a fun game being played lately in the blogosphere. It's a type of 'Tag! You're it!’ I've been tagged, so now it's time to answer some writing related questions. I hope that my answers are sufficient enough for even the pickiest readers. At the end of the questions I will tag three more bloggers, so be sure to check them out, too. Thanks, Anna L. Wells http://www.annalwells.blogspot.com/ for tagging me.
1. What's the last thing you wrote? What's the first thing you wrote that you still have?
The last thing I wrote was a few paragraphs for a screenplay that I am writing about my husband and his friends, in the style of dramatic comedy. I wish I still had my very first short story that I ever wrote from 3rd grade entitled, 'Murder at 5pm.' But a few moves demolished any chance of having that story. Lately, the first thing that I have written once I started writing again is a story entitled Portland, it's a YA book with Sci-fi woven into it. I'm about 16 chapters in, but I'm stuck as of now. :(
2. Write poetry?
Haha! My poetry is so obscure and disturbing, my husband won't read it anymore. I don't follow any of the rules of poetry, I just write what surfaces in my mind. Most of my poetry comes from meditation while trying to fall asleep at night.
3. Angsty poetry?
No, I don't think so. It's mainly weird, and very odd. My mother compared it to Jim Morrison once, but wouldn't give myself near that much credit. She is my mom afterall. :)
4. Favorite genre of writing?
Fiction, because you can take it anywhere, but I dabble in everything other than Non-Fiction. I have used Science Fiction a lot, there's always a romance, except for in one of my screenplays that I am currently writing. I like Fantasy, because you do with it what you please. I like humor and tend to add some humor in everything I write. What's life without laughter?
5. Most annoying character you've ever created?
I would say that a character is annoying if they don't co-operate with me. All of my characters are annoying at some time during the writing process.
6. Best plot you've ever created?
Yikes. I have a story that I am only a chapter in, that I have worked on for almost a year now on development. I don't choose to relinquish the information, but it is very emotional and it involves a younger boy who is inflicted with a rare brain disorder.
7. Coolest plot twist you've ever created?
Well, in my NaNo story, I just went with my hands. They typed and I read what they typed, so they had a mind of their own. I made several people in the story betray the lead characters, then the betrayal was a hoax to get certain things to happen in the story. It was really fun, but very confusing at the same time.
8. How often do you get writer's block?
Very often, but I either push through it or move to a different story or read a book.
9. Write fan fiction?
I've thought about it before, but I have never dabbled with it. A interesting tid bit though: In 6th, 7th, and 8th grade, I used to get with one of my friend and write collaboratives of meeting Prince William of England and falling in love when we got older. That's kind of fan fiction-esque! Hehehe. I was a nerd, I know, oh wait, I still am. Hehehe...
10.Do you type or write by hand?
Type! Writing by hand really hurts my carpal tunnel issue. Yeah, 25 years old and I already have a horrible case of it, but I refuse to get the surgery. I've been trying to strengthen my wrist with grips, but I don't think I'll ever get back to 100%. Although I do keep a small notepad with me if an idea comes up when I'm not around my computer.
11. Do you save everything you write?
Yes, but I have noticed in the year that I have been writing that I don't like the stuff that I started with and I'm going back and changing a lot of it now.
12. Do you ever go back to an idea after you've abandoned it?
I don't abandon ideas, they just get typed up and saved to an obscure file, then when the time comes, I look into it more and hopefully develop the story.
13. What's your favorite thing you've ever written?
I really like my poetry because I don't hold back and it's like a reflection of my mind, my deepest thoughts. My favorite longer piece of writing would have to be just the Prologue to Portland. I have spent hours and hours on that thing and it's right where I want it.
14. What's everyone else's favorite story you've written?
Well, not very many people have read my stuff, but when I had my stuff posted, everyone seemed to like my humorous rants about living in the California Desert. One person really enjoyed Portland too, but I've taken it all down for major re-construction.
15. Ever written romance or angsty teen?
There is a lot of romance woven through the two novels that I have gotten the furthest with, but that is all I've written as far as that genre goes. Angsty teen, whew! The lead character in Portland becomes an angsty teen after the disaster in the beginning of the story.
16. What's your favorite setting for your characters?
The Pacific Northwest, because that is where I have always dreamed of living. Although, I have a few that go all around the world.
17. How many writing projects are you working on now?
Haha! That's a crazy question. I have several novels, several short stories, several poems, several rants, several ideas being developed, several edits in progress. It will be a feat to actually finish a novel though!
18. Have you ever won an award for your writing?
A lovely E-Certificate for winning a short story contest in the Weekly Short Story Contest group in Goodreads.com, awarded to me by Paige(Tink), the group moderator. Thank you Tink!
19. What are your five favorite words?
"Your Writing Weirds Me Out." Actual quote from my husband. No, my favorite words to use lately have been: obscure, bemused, vague, odd, and face. LOL
20. What character have you created that is most like yourself?
Most of my characters have something about me woven into their structure, but for the most part, I don't base characters off of myself. Maybe sometimes, I add something to the character that I would like to be, that's always my favorite type of resemblance.
21. Where do you get your ideas for your characters?
People watching and deep thinking. That's really all that's to it. Oh, and sometimes I dream a character shell, and when I get to writing, I get more in depth with the character.
22. Do you ever write based on your dreams?
OH Yes! Very often, I always have vivid dreams, just about every night, so I make sure to write anything interesting down.
23. Do you favor happy endings?
Yes, but my favorite novel in the works right now is going to be one of those that makes me cry as I write the ending, since I already have the ending developed, I just need to focus on the beginning and the middle.
24. Are you concerned with spelling and grammar as you write?
Yes, oh god yes! It drives me crazy sometimes. I have to go back several times until it's right, before I can move on even if it's something that I need to type up right away.
25. Does music help you write?
Yes and no. It depends on the atmosphere that I am writing in. Music is a big part of who I am and sometimes, you play just that right song that makes you want to get up and groove. So, I have a hard time sitting down if I am listening to dance music, but slower stuff puts me in a good mood to write, especially Ludwig Van and any other classical.
26. Quote something you've written. Whatever pops in your head.
“Thank you darling, I’m so glad I chose to keep you around.” Scarlett was joking now? Jason couldn’t believe what he was hearing, so he answered with the only comeback he could think of at the time.
“You’re face chose to keep me around.” They both laughed as Jason started the car and took off at a dangerous speed.
(From my NaNoWriMo Story for this year. It was a fun thing to do.)
And now the three blogs I will tag are: (be sure to visit their blogs, too)
Kyle Borland at http://www.kgborland23.blogspot.com/
Rita J. Webb at http://www.afantasyfiction.blogspot.com/
I don't know if they will respond to it, but maybe. I would like to see the answers for all of these writers, as I really admire their writing.
:)
Nice Tag. Pleased to know you a little more.
ReplyDeleteSo much I didn't know about you Paige. Now what the heck am I supposed to do? Am I to tag other people? Answer questions? I'm so confused.
ReplyDeleteLOL Sorry Renee. You just re-post my post above that has all of the questions that I answered to your blog, but fill in your answers. Then, at the bottom, choose three people to tag, and put their links on your post. Then, you tag them on their blog so that they know what has happened.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the tag, Paige! It was fun reading your answers and then answering all the questions myself.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you liked it Rita, I thought it was fun too, and I can't wait to read your answers.
ReplyDeleteOkay Paige...I Shall play your little game of tag! lol
ReplyDeleteLOL It would be for the best!
ReplyDelete