Book Title: Scrolls (Siraendis Series, Book 1)
Author: Rita J. Webb(http://www.afantasyfiction.blogspot.com/)
Pages: 56
Publisher:
Genre: YA/Science Fiction/Fantasy
(Scale Explanation: 1) Meaning awful, 5) Meaning not good, but not bad, equal, 10) Meaning wonderful)
PLOT - 10
CHARACTERS - 10
BEGINNING - 10
ENDING - 9
FLOW - 10
OVERALL - 10
What I liked about this book:
This book had me hooked from the very beginning. I loved the characters, they were so interesting. I loved the actual story and thinking about what is to come from the characters on their journey.
What I disliked about this book:
The only reason why I gave the ending a 9 was because it was a bit of a cliffhanger. Not that I don’t like cliffhangers, but they can make one anxious.
Who I would recommend this book to:
Anyone that enjoys YA, anyone that enjoys science fiction, anyone that enjoys fantasy, anyone that enjoys a quick exciting read, and anyone that wants something exciting and fun to read to their children.
What I felt the book was about:
Three teens are escaping from the general’s grip, on one of his ships when they meet his daughters. The youngest daughter is prophetic and tells of a planet that they are to go to and meet the dragon who can help them. They make a stop along the way on a mysterious planet and have to battle a strange creature. They re-board the spaceship and head off to fulfill the prophecy.
Favorite excerpts or quotes from the book:
“”It’s called hope.” “What?” “What you feel, its hope.” “Hope?” Lelea nodded. "Always choose the option that makes you feel like this."” – Page 52

Excellent review, Paige. I love the quote. I would love to know more about the characters.
ReplyDeleteJeanne
Thanks for the review, Paige!
ReplyDeleteThank you Jeanne, I really enjoyed this novel by Rita. She is so very talented.
ReplyDeleteThank you Rita for letting me read your story.