15 March 2011

My First Mixed Drink Post: My Own Creation...The Tropical Depression

The Tropical Depression

Okay, so here will be my first post on mixed drinks...I'm new to this and I have no idea what the people want, if anyone will read this, or what format would best suit this type of post, so here goes...Make comments if you want more information on this post or for future posts about mixed drinks.



(Note: There is an ingredient missing in the picture of this mixed drink...sadly, it is due to my haste in getting shoved off of the Space Mountain ride at Disneyland that I left my Nikon camera with all of my families photos of Disneyland and meeting my new nephew in the bag of the ride. Whoever took it is a douche and I don't even care about the camera anymore, I can get a new one, but I can't remake those photos...It was my sons first trip to Disneyland and all we have is one photo of him with Mickey. We had many photos of him at Disneyland and all I would really want is for that damn SD card to be mailed to me or downloaded to a computer and emailed to me. Anyway, I have everything the person would need to actually make the camera work, the software for the puter, the battery charging pod, and the transfer cable. Of course, you can get these anywhere, but I'm going to sell them on ebay and see who buys them! Mwah hahahaha! Hopefully, I can at least get my pictures back! Also, I am sorry about the poor quality of this photo as I had to take it with my cell phone camera.)

Anyway, back to the drink...I probably won't be doing much research with this sort of thing as what I will buy and put together should be found at any liquor/grocery store...and be somewhat cheap in regards to alchohol, as we know can run incredibly expensive for the good stuffs.

This one, I named about four different times (settled with Tropical Depression) and when mixed correctly creates a very depressing shade of grey. (Most would call it depressing, I call it refreshing as I love storms)

So, here's what I used and the recipe on how to make this cheap, yet delicious drink that I truly enjoy.

What you need:

An 8oz. glass
A fashionable bendy straw
Ice cubes
A bottle of Boone's Farm Blue Hawaiian ($2.99-$4.00)
A bag of Malibu's Rum Punch ($16.00-$18.00)
A bottle of Jose Cuervo's Non-Alcoholic Margarita Mix ($8.00-$12.00)
A bottle of Cranberry-Pomegranite Juice ($2.00-$4.00)
(All prices are dependent upon where you'd shop.)

I used an 8oz. highball glass to mix this drink.

How to mix it:

Fill the glass with 3-4 ice cubes.
Add 2oz. of Boone's Farm Blue Hawaiian.
Add 1oz. of Malibu Rum Punch (Not Pictured).
Add a half shot of Jose Cuervo's Non-Alcoholic Margarita Mix.
Fill the remaining space with Cranberry Pomegranite Juice (My choice is Ocean Spray, but the store was out, so I settled for Langers. Ocean Spray's 100% Juice is the best choice.).

Put a fashionable bendy straw in the glasss and use it to stir.

Voila, a cheap, yet delicious drink for those hot summer days when all you want is a lovely storm...on the beach.
And...the great thing about this drink is that I didn't get any sort of hangover or icky feeling the next morning after downing about four of these after a very stressful day. How awesome is that?

2 comments:

  1. Please come over here and make me some. In the valleys, cocktails usually involve beer

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Thanks for checking it out Mike. The sad thing is, I can only drink a few kinds of beer, because most aren't Gluten Free. Which really sucks because I looooooooove Sam Adams Boston Lager!

    ReplyDelete