25 September 2011

It's Been A While...

So, you know that song in the 90's that starts off, "It's Been A While"? Well, please play this song over and over in your head as you read this blog post. It will be somewhat short, but that is the song that was playing in my head as I wrote it. LOL

Basically, It has been a loooooooooo o to the infinity power since I have blogged and I'm at a point where I'm not exactly sure what I really want to blog about anymore. I'm basically anonymous to some people when it concerns my private life, but there are things I would like to share, so I may share things about my personal life from time to time.

I coupon a lot so I've been thinking of sharing some of my scores and ways that I coupon to maximize my savings seeing as how I coupon in California at this current time and there is no way that I could get an $800 grocery bill down to $6.00...it's just not possible in this state. I have been able to get $400 worth of groceries for $150.00 which is still pretty daamn good in my book. Anyway, it's hard in California, but I find a way to do it to maximize my savings and stock up on things we need around the hizzle.

I just completed my first college course, so I am geared up for that, but since this community is poverty-striken, the college I attend has a system of priority sign-ups. It really gripes me because since I am paying for my own education and not receiving any financial aid at all, I get last priority. The funny thing with this is the ones that get free college here, as I know from seeing it with my own two eyes, only register in the classes to get their free money, then never attend or drop, but by the time they are able to drop and still get the money, I am SOL at even having a chance to get into the class. I won't go into how screwed up this is for someone like me at this time, but it just really sucks. I do have options if I want to travel for every class, but that is not possible at this time, so I just have to work at getting into the classes...Oh, I figured that nursing would be the fastest and easiest career to choose at this point since I have waited so long to choose. I find living people disgusting (Would much rather be my first choice career since high school: Forensic Pathologist, but that would take up to 12 years or more), the though of enimas, catheters, and complaining drives me nuts, but I can put stuff aside if the money is decent and actually move on to a more fitting career with the education I will get in nursing. I'm not going with an accelerated course, so hopefully, moving on later in my career will be easier.

There's the writing thing that has sorta taken the backburner at this time...every time I sit down to write, I go blank. I have a novel that is nearly complete sitting in my files that I just haven't been able to go back and finish. I have several started (4 or 5 chapters written) and I can't seem to push myself to get going on those, but I would like to very soon which may happen with a family move scenario that is currently in the works.

Reading...well, I've been able to push myself to get through some novels lately, but not my normal pace. It's strange that for so long I was reading 3 to 5 novels a week and just all of a sudden stop. Well, I figure that I just got burnt out on it and needed a break, but the strange thing is, I can't get that routine back. Things around the house occupy my time differently now and it's difficult to get there again when it comes to reading.

I've been thinking of reviewing products that I try just for fun, a way to get myself writing something again. If I have to start small, then start small and work my way up to finishing that ever-elusive middle of the book on my number one novel.

Been home-schooling the kidlet, not as consistent as I'd like, but better than what most kids get. The reason for this is because he is preschool age, yet in the poverty-striken community I live in, preschool is only for the poor or super rich as the mixture in this area is mostly from those two classes. Nothing for the middle class, so we are left with nothing and my trying to figure the best way to prepare him for kindergarten next year. And with that the terror strikes as I know that he will be whisked away by tiny little brats soon...LOL I know not all kids are brats, but if you knew my personality, I'm just THAT way. Anyway, I do believe that I have at least instilled the want to learn in him and started him on the correct path to be above average in school. I would love to have him reading before he starts and well, I can definitely see that happening in the next year so yay!

My family might be moving if all goes well. I wouldn't state where to or why or how since only those close to me should know since my private life takes a more private stance when it comes to blogging, but it's something we have wanted for a while now and I believe the next step for our family.

Let's see what else...Oh, I'm on a dieting program with a Nutritionist and so far I have lost 12 pounds. I do believe I am on the right track for excellent loss in the next 6 months, and the fact that I am currently kicking my own ass with P90X is helping. Tony Horton, I hate you, but I thank you as well. :)

I really don't know what else to touch on at this current time, only that very soon, I will be posting more book reviews and who knows what else the future of this blog holds. I may even start posting some writing, since I don't think it will ever go anywhere in the world. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment