
Oh, this book has been amazing so far. I absolutely love Kurt Vonnegut's writing. Stay tuned to my blog for the updated review once I have finished this book. I have a feeling that a lot of Vonnegut's narrators of his stories are along the same lines of person. Since this is only my second of his books that I have read, I can't quite be sure yet, but it seems as though the narrator of Galapagos is very close to the narrator of Hocus Pocus.
Here are a few comments regarding this book:
"Vonnegut's touch is light, but his satire weaves a web of black humor that almost startles you by the gathering force..." -Seattle Times
"Every bit as humorous as Cat's Cradle, Slaughterhouse-Five, Breakfast of Champions, or any of Vonnegut's other comic masterpieces...Vonnegut envokes the cynical chortle, the knowing grin, the inner laughter that soothes our troubled reflections...He's mad as hell and laughing all the way to the apocalypse." -Playboy
No comments:
Post a Comment