Book Title: Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Battle of the Labyrinth (PJ #4)
Author: Rick Riordan(http://www.rickriordan.com/)
Pages: 361
Publisher: Disney Hyperion
Genre: Young Adult/Fantasy/Science Fiction/Mythology
(Scale Explanation: 1) Meaning awful, 5) Meaning not good, but not bad, equal, 10) Meaning wonderful)
PLOT - 10
CHARACTERS - 10
BEGINNING - 10
ENDING - 9
FLOW - 10
OVERALL - 10
What I liked about this book:
This one let us see a lot more of each characters characteristics and I really enjoyed the budding Annabeth/Percy relationship with Rachel mixed in. Very comical. The wit that Rick Riordan uses in these books continues to make me burst out in laughter as I'm reading in silence. It is quite distracting for my family. :)
What I disliked about this book:
Nothing really, this was the most developed of the books so far. It has seemed as I have read them that they have just been better and better with each book.
Who I would recommend this book to:
Anyone that is a fan of the Percy Jackson Series. Anyone that likes Greek Mythology.
What I felt the book was about:
Percy Jackson goes to his Freshman orientation and is stalked by demon cheerleaders. He sees Rachel Elizabeth Dare again and she becomes a mortal friend. She can see through the mist. Percy ends up going back to camp with Annabeth and there is a new swordsman teacher, Quintus who has a hellhound named Mrs. O’Leary. One of the lesson plans that Quintus has set up is a battle with real monsters purchased from a ranch for the monsters of Greek Mythology. While in the woods, fighting off the monsters, Percy and Annabeth stumble into an opening to the Labyrinth. A very mysterious and crazy maze designed and still living, because it’s creator is still living, Daedalus.
This is the best book in the series so far, because through out the book, they are in and out of the labyrinth. Grover finds Pan and realizes some things about Pan that were always true and that Grover is a chosen one of Pan to spread the word that they have to save the Wild.
Nico Di Angelo is against Percy, but Percy doesn’t know what he is going to do. It is known now that Nico is a son of Hades and he is extremely powerful.
There is a really insane moment when Percy has the chance to kill the re-creation of Kronos which I’m not going to give away, but was like WHOA! LOL
By the end of the book, Kronos army invades Camp Half-Blood, but Grover is able to fend them off with a screechy scream that was given to him from Pan, not without losing a few campers in the process.
Poseidon comes to visit Percy on his 15th birthday party and so does Nico Di Angelo who has a special message for Percy regarding defeating Kronos.
Favorite excerpts or quotes from the book:
"Be careful of love. It'll twist your brain around and leave you thinking up is down and right is wrong."

No comments:
Post a Comment