Book Title: Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Last Olympian (PJ#5)
Author: Rick Riordan(http://www.rickriordan.com/)
Pages: 381
Publisher: Disney Hyperion
Genre: Young Adult/Science Fiction/Fantasy/Mythology
(Scale Explanation: 1) Meaning awful, 5) Meaning not good, but not bad, equal, 10) Meaning wonderful)
PLOT - 10
CHARACTERS - 10
BEGINNING - 10
ENDING - 10
FLOW - 10
OVERALL - 10
What I liked about this book:
I loved the book. It was a great way to end a great series.
What I disliked about this book:
Nothing really, it was very fast-paced and there weren’t any mistakes plot-wise that I saw. The only real issue I had was that the person that is the Last Olympian is not even near what you would expect and I think that the title was poorly chosen for this book. Maybe something like The War of Mount Olympus would have been better suited. IDK, I'm just a reader.
Who I would recommend this book to:
Anyone who is a fan of The Percy Jackson Series, and anyone that enjoys Greek Mythology.
What I felt the book was about:
Essentially, the book is a battle the whole way through between Percy, the demigods, and the Olympians and Kronos's army of many misfits, so there is a lot of strategy talk and not much focus on things away from the battle. We find out who the prophecy was about, which is a surprise. There are a few deaths that are very sad. There is a surprise from a mortal girl that is very risky, but she succeeds. I don't want to give too much away seeing as how this is the last in the series. Basically, you need to read it. There is an agreement between Percy Jackson and the Gods that's supposed to prevent Kronos's rising from every happening again. Percy has to make an interesting decision at the end of the book. One that would have been extremely hard for me. And the Percabeth romance gets juicy. In the good way.
Favorite excerpts or quotes from the book:
""It's him," I said. "Typhon."
I was seriously hoping Chiron would say something good, like 'No, that's our huge friend Leroy! He's going to help us!''"
There were a few other quotes that I would have loved to have added, but that would give too much away. Now, go read it!

No comments:
Post a Comment