08 June 2010

Book Review: One Dance With A Duke (Stud Club Trilogy, Book 1) by Tessa Dare

Book Title: One Dance With A Duke (Stud Club Trilogy, Book 1)
Author: Tessa Dare(www.tessadare.com)
Pages: 382
Publisher: Ballantine Books
Genre: Historical Romance

 
(Scale Explanation: 1) Meaning awful, 5) Meaning not good, but not bad, equal, 10) Meaning wonderful)

 
PLOT - 10
CHARACTERS - 10
BEGINNING - 10
ENDING - 10
FLOW - 10
OVERALL - 10

What I liked about this book:
This book was so beautifully written. I thoroughly enjoyed the whole thing. The love scenes were extraordinary and the plot was very thorough. The murder that happens at the beginning of the book that will spur the entire trilogy is very interesting and I feel as though I am going to really enjoy the characters in the next two books just as much as I enjoyed the characters of this first book in the trilogy. I loved the cute Duke of Moreland and his issues and the whole reason why he had been dubbed ‘The Duke of Midnight.’ I loved Amelia’s whole personality, how she thought she was just another speck in the wall that no one cared about and how her thoughts changed as their loved blossomed.

What I disliked about this book:
Nothing I would say that I disliked, but I felt bad at the end when I found out that Spencer’s ward was pregnant. Being so young and unmarried. In that time period it was ruination when something like that happened, but the resolution seems like it will make her happy, so that is what matters. It’s not like that was a bad thing for the book, but it was sad. It was something that had to happen, because there had to be the conflict that brought the ward and the Duke together as family again.

Who I would recommend this book to:
Anyone that likes historical romance, anyone that likes the writing of the wonderful Tessa Dare, and anyone that enjoys a beautiful romance.

What I felt the book was about:
Amelia d’Orsay’s brother is in a plethora of trouble. He gambles and he is really bad at it. He doesn’t know when to walk away. Something that The Duke of Morland likes to tease Amelia about it a lot! Amelia finds out that the person whom her brother owes money to is the Duke of Midnight who is due to show up since it is almost midnight. He shows up right on time and as he is trying to pick out a suiting lady to dance with, as that is his MO, to dance with one lady at every ball at midnight, then to mysteriously disappear, instead of choosing a lady, Amelia charges toward him and takes his hand for the dance. They dance and Amelia sees that he is starting to get wary while they are dancing. He scoops her up and takes her out of the ball. This incites gossip amongst the ton and the two end up spending the entire night together as Leo has been murdered and Amelia goes to help comfort his sister with the three men of the Stud Club. Spencer decides he wants to marry Amelia and they arrange for it to happen way too quickly. The rest is a very fun story in which Amelia tries to find her place in the family that already exists with the Duke and his ward. I love the ending and how Amelia is oblivious to how much the Duke really loves her. What a beautiful ending as the Duke and his ward start towards becoming close again and the Duke lets Amelia in on how much he truly loves her. Oh, and the love scenes are hot and revved up in this new first book of the Stud Club Trilogy by Tessa Dare. I also loved how Spencer teased Amelia with matters of the bedroom, it was cute and reminded me of my husband and his uncanny ability to make me blush whenever he wants with just a few words.

Favorite excerpts or quotes from the book:
"He kissed her. Without warning, without permission. Without even deciding to do it, but simply because he couldn't have done anything else. He needed that breath she was holding. It belonged to him, and he wanted it back."

No comments:

Post a Comment