27 January 2010

Book Review: Witch Heart (Elemental Witches Book 3) by Anya Bast


Book Title: Witch Heart (Elemental Witches Book 3)
Author: Anya Bast (http://www.anyabast.com/)
Pages: 296
Publisher: Berkeley Sensation
Genre: Paranormal Romance

(Scale Explanation: 1) Meaning awful, 5) Meaning not good, but not bad, equal, 10) Meaning wonderful)

PLOT - 9
CHARACTERS – 8
BEGINNING - 8
ENDING - 8
FLOW - 8
OVERALL – 8

What I liked about this book: I liked that Anya Bast created another world, another type of person, the daeamons, Eudae. It was all very interesting getting to know these worlds and the creatures that inhabited them. The love scenes were very steamy and the romance was very emotional. I really liked the battle scenes as they played out in my head as I read them.

What I disliked about this book: I wasn’t very fond of the dialogue in some parts, as they spoke like modern day, only it seemed forced. It’s very hard for me to explain it, but some of the conversations between the two lead characters were awkward and didn’t fit their relationship.

Who I would recommend this book to: I would recommend this book to anyone that enjoys paranormal romance books, or books by the author as her books seem to have their own special qualities about them.

What I felt the book was about: Claire was brought to Eudae, the world of the daeamons, by her mother, a warlock at age six. One her mother died, the head of the daeamons Rue, took her in as his handmaiden, but throughout her slave time as his handmaiden, he has molded her magick into something totally different from what normal elemental witches possess. There is a time when the Atrika's want to take over Eudae, and Rue plunges Claire through a portal to Earth, only he can't close the portal in time to keep the Atrika's from getting through. There is a non-stop chase that leads to battles of all of the elements and all of the Earth witches in Chicago. Throughout all of this, Claire meets Adam and he makes her think of things that she wants but was never able to get. She had had one boyfriend on Eudae, but when Rue had found out, he had killed him right away, so Claire has been scared to love again. Adam had lost his first wife through circumstances he could have controlled and hasn't been able to forget it since. Claire is the one to help him get over his problems and eventually things get sorted out, but I would divulge that information, since the ending is usually the part that would give the whole book away and I like to encourage people to pick up books and read them. :)

Favorite excerpts or quotes from the book: “She smiled at him. "If this is junk food, bring on the Ding Dings!"" - Page 62

No comments:

Post a Comment