Book Title: Tempting the Marquess (The Westons, Book 2)
Pages: 296
Publisher: Signet Eclipse
Genre: Historical Romance
(Scale Explanation: 1) Meaning awful, 5) Meaning not good, but not bad, equal, 10) Meaning wonderful)
PLOT - 10
CHARACTERS - 10
BEGINNING - 10
ENDING - 10
FLOW - 10
OVERALL - 10
What I liked about this book:
Where do I begin. This second book in the Weston’s series has totally grabbed hold of me and taken me under. Aside from the steamy love scenes and the cute instances where the Marquess has a hard time hiding his desire for Livvy. Livvy is such a great character and I totally love her. Aunt Kate was such a helpful schemer that I would love to see her in future novels as well, if there is a chance of that. Also, Edward was a doll, an adorable addition to this story. And, my oh my, Jason is scrum-didly-umptuous! I loved his dialogue, only when he let that mask of the marquess fall away. The whole story behind his issues and how Livvy wants to help him is glorious. I loved it! It had a great deal of emotional turmoil that was essential to making this book so amazing! The cover is gorgeous also!
What I disliked about this book:
Nothing, the sadness that the Marquess and Livvy have to go through to find their love is sad at times, but it blossoms beautifully.
Who I would recommend this book to:
Anyone that is a fan of historical romance, anyone that enjoyed Sara Lindsey’s first book, Anyone looking for a beautiful story of ones work to get pass the loss of a very dear loved one.
What I felt the book was about:
Livvy has spent the last 9 or so months at Haile Castle with her Aunt Kate and sister Isabella who’s story was captured in Promise Me Tonight. Aunt Kate states that she is going to her stepsons castle for the Christmas holiday. Livvy instantly asks to go because she wants to meet the Marquess because in Haile castle she has found some poetry by him to his late wife and his late wife’s diary. Meeting the Marquess proves disastrous for Livvy, though she feels as though she chooses to keep pushing to help him get over his mourning period. The Marquess is in deep from the moment he sees Livvy, his male desire is what pushes him to try to stay away from her, but then it also pushes him to want her more. Their battle of wits is intriguing and often ends badly, but at the same time pushing them closer together. It’s such a beautiful story of moving on. Finally, Livvy goes back to London, but takes Edward with her, so that Jason has to go see her to get his son back. Well, Charles, Jason’s brother-in-law from his first marriage, takes Jason out for drinks and dinner and back to his apartment to tell him the big secret about Laura. The secret never gets told as Livvy gets caught outside the apartment dressed in men’s clothing and is taken into custody. Jason goes to find her and takes her home and makes her his. They agree to marry, but the secret still looms. Eventually, Livvy tells Jason the secret and it forces him away for some time. He finally speaks with Aunt Kate and makes the decision to get over his issues and realizes that he truly loves Livvy. The Epilogue was so cute that I teared up from the love shown. I loved how genially Jason spoke with Livvy in matters of the bedroom, it was comical though steamy just the same.
Favorite excerpts or quotes from the book:
""I love you too, pet." He dropped a kiss on her lips. :Gower said that you wished to see me. Were you climbing the ladder because you are in need of some strenuous physical activity? Shall I lock the door?"" - Page 295
And now...
MY FIRST EVER BLOG GIVEAWAY!!!!
I have an extra copy of this book and I would love to share it with the winner of a small contest that I would like to have. Basically, make a comment on this post and I'll enter you to win the book. I'll be using randomizer.org to pick the winner using a number system, ordered by number comment and I'll send it through USPS. A brand new book, that has just been released, that will dazzle your imagination. Anyway, I'd like to close up the entries for this contest on June 15, 2010 at Midnight PST. Just leave a comment and you will be entered to win! Easy as that. Thank you!

Might not be my cup of tea but I'm willing to give it a read if I win it :D
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your first giveaway :D
consider me entered.
Your first giveaway - don't you love milestones. Please enter me, this sounds great.
ReplyDeleteYay! For your first giveaway. I would love to read Sara's book!
ReplyDeleteLOVE Sara Lindsey and I've been waiting for Tempting the Marquess since I finished Promise Me Tonight!
ReplyDeleteI've heard so much about this book, so I'd *love* to win a copy. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteThis book sounds great. I would love to win it!
ReplyDeleteI came here from twitter ^-^
ReplyDeleteI knew about this author because of the photographer's work :)
Consider me entered ^-^
Great blog you have, following you since now!
xoxo
Thank you to all who entered my contest! I am so excited. I am so glad to have so many new people that now know about my little blog.
ReplyDeleteHeading over to randomize the entrants now. Good luck!