11 September 2009

Book Reviewing Format

I decided to just post a little example of what my book reviews will look like. (A note: I will post the scale with every book review so that you don't have to look back at this post in the future.)

EXAMPLE BOOK REVIEW:

(There will be a photo of the cover of the book with each review.)

Book Title: Blah Blah Blah
Author: Noname Nobody
Pages: 368
Publisher: The Publishing Company
Genre: Fiction


SCALE EXPLANATION: Scale is 1-10: 1) Meaning awful, 5) Meaning not good, but not bad, equal, 10) Meaning wonderful





Rated on:
PLOT - 1-10
CHARACTERS - 1-10
BEGINNING - 1-10
ENDING - 1-10
FLOW - 1-10
OVERALL - 1-10


(A note: Characters rating is based on the actual character personalities and actions throughout the book, how well the author established their characters.)
(A note: Beginning is based on how well the first chapter of the book grabbed attention.)
(A note: Ending is based on how well the last chapter or the actual last page of the book went with the plot, and if it would coerce me to read another book by that author.)


What I liked about the book: blah blah blah blah...

What I disliked about the book: blah blah blah blah...


Who I would recommend it to: blah blah blah blah...

What I felt the book was about: blah blah blah blah...


Favorite/Hated excerpts or quotes from the book: blah blah blah blah...




And that is it. There will be a few new book reviews up this weekend. Hope you enjoy. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment