
Ok, here is another great writer to showcase.
He is on Goodreads, and his writing is fabulous. He is very opinionated and sometimes to the certain type of person a bit over-bearing and overly outspoken, but he is an amazing writer. It is so hard to believe how young he is when you read his writing. It's very inspirational for authors that want to write in another genre or are thinking about trying a new style of writing. Anyway, here is a link to his writing and I hope you enjoy.
INTERVIEW:
P: Why do you write?
D: I just feels natural. I love language, and playing with it, which writing clearly allows me to do. I've always had an active imagination, so writing fiction allows me to explore that. I'm very outspoken, so through essays, I am able to eloquently express my views. I could prattle on about this question for days.
P: Who is(are) your favorite author(s)?
D: John Steinbeck, David Foster Wallace, and James Joyce are my top three, usually. I'm recently into John Blarth, Pynchon, and some of the other post-modernists. John Updike is a recent love of mine, an idol really. He was so prolific! Mark Twain, of course, the American Bard, as they say. F. Scott Fitzgerald, Gatsby is one of the greatest pieces of fiction of all time. Hemingway, grace under pressure, great stuff. Charles Bukowski, the poet from the gutter. Great, raw stuff. He really is very, very, very under-appreciated. Kerouac, On The Road really inspired me to start writing. Of course, the Russians, Tolstoy and Dostoevsky. Kafka, because he was post-modern when Modernism was just getting started. My guilty pleasure would have to be Pat Conroy. Prince of Tides is an amazing book, everyone should read it.
P: What do you plan on doing with your life?
D: Hopefully, complete an English Ph.D program at a prestigious East coast college. and then write for a living.
P: What is your favorite type of writing to write?
D: It's a tie between the short story, critical essay, and free verse poem. I love all of them.
P: Who is your idol?
D: David Foster Wallace, without a doubt. Steinbeck, Joyce, and Updike(for the sheer volume of work he produced) as well.
Thank you.
No comments:
Post a Comment