
Ok, here is another excellent writer to showcase.
Her name is Lorna and I just met her in Goodreads about a month or two ago. I know I don't really keep track of time. Anyway, I read some of her work and I was amazed. She is a great writer and I am so thankful that she decided to share her writing with Goodreads so that I was able to read it. Please visit her writing below.
http://www.goodreads.com/story/list/1935279
INTERVIEW:
P: Why do you write?
L: I write simply because it's fun. Hmm...I've just read what I wrote and it's all true, but I think there is something else. I need an escape ALL the time, when I can't read, when I'm doing the shopping, at work, etc. When I'm writing a story, it gives me something to emerse myself in when I need it the most. It's a distraction I can use no matter where I am or what I'm doing. Maybe that's why people think I'm ditzy! It's not because I'm clumbsy or forgetful, it's that I'm inventing, picturing, changing, planning my story!
P: Who is(are) your favorite author(s)?
L: Anne Rice is my absolute favorite. I also admire J.K. Rowling, Joanne Harris, Jane Austen, Gary Kilworth, John Marsden, Jean M. Auel, Douglas Adams, Anne Holme...among others.
P: What do you plan on doing with your life?
L: I am studying to be a copyeditor, and after that I hope to be an editor, maybe with my own business. Then when I'm rich enough (lol), I'd like to open a new and used book shop.
P: What is your favorite type of writing to write?
L: Period, some fantasy. Adventure, mostly.
P: What is Australia like to you?
L: Hot, and unwelcoming. It is a beautiful country, but I don't feel I belong here. Sounds silly, but I miss the country I was born in even though I don't remember it. I want to move back there (Scotland) in the hopes that I will acquire some sense of belonging.
Thank you.
Her name is Lorna and I just met her in Goodreads about a month or two ago. I know I don't really keep track of time. Anyway, I read some of her work and I was amazed. She is a great writer and I am so thankful that she decided to share her writing with Goodreads so that I was able to read it. Please visit her writing below.
http://www.goodreads.com/story/list/1935279
INTERVIEW:
P: Why do you write?
L: I write simply because it's fun. Hmm...I've just read what I wrote and it's all true, but I think there is something else. I need an escape ALL the time, when I can't read, when I'm doing the shopping, at work, etc. When I'm writing a story, it gives me something to emerse myself in when I need it the most. It's a distraction I can use no matter where I am or what I'm doing. Maybe that's why people think I'm ditzy! It's not because I'm clumbsy or forgetful, it's that I'm inventing, picturing, changing, planning my story!
P: Who is(are) your favorite author(s)?
L: Anne Rice is my absolute favorite. I also admire J.K. Rowling, Joanne Harris, Jane Austen, Gary Kilworth, John Marsden, Jean M. Auel, Douglas Adams, Anne Holme...among others.
P: What do you plan on doing with your life?
L: I am studying to be a copyeditor, and after that I hope to be an editor, maybe with my own business. Then when I'm rich enough (lol), I'd like to open a new and used book shop.
P: What is your favorite type of writing to write?
L: Period, some fantasy. Adventure, mostly.
P: What is Australia like to you?
L: Hot, and unwelcoming. It is a beautiful country, but I don't feel I belong here. Sounds silly, but I miss the country I was born in even though I don't remember it. I want to move back there (Scotland) in the hopes that I will acquire some sense of belonging.
Thank you.
No comments:
Post a Comment